I will teach you how to format or upgrade the firmware for tablet made in China. Generally, all tablet 7" origin from China use the firmware powered by VIA 8650 800MHz (CPU) and Android 2.2 Froyo for the operating system.
When your tablet hang or the android robot freeze or dancing without loading anymore, you can try this step for fix it... Follow the process step by step... Good luck dude...
Download new firmware here 7" VIA8650 M009S 06.11.rar. Once done, you extract rar file and you will see this items:
|Click folder M009S|
- Copy Folder FirmwareInstall and wmt_scriptcmd to ur empty Memory Card (Micro SD).
- Plug in power adapter along upgrade process to make sure there r no battery failure.
- Insert Micro SD to the slot and turn on ur device.
- U will see the robot will show up.. and then they shift to next view that showing the upgrade process.
|Plug in power adapter|
|Upgrade in process- 5 minute|
|Finished: Please remove installation media (Micro SD)|
- After removed SD card, device will restart automatically.
- Screen will appear new factory data.
In-case, your screen is not functioning or reacting to any user touch, its caused of different decoder chip that you have in your device. So need to edit some of the firmware files. There're 2 different versions of 8650 tablets, using a diff touchscreen decoder chip.
Please make a following changes files in the Micro SD :
|Click to env folder|
|Open env_uboot file|
|Open with Notepad for editing|
- Change from setenv wmt.io.touch 1:vt1603:2:800:480 to setenv wmt.io.touch 1:uor615x:0:800:480
- Upgrade device-----> Step 1 & 2
- If still not working, i believe that your touchscreen decoder chip may different from this 2 types
- Good Luck